Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nail Polish Collection Storage


Hey guys! I have not made a post in a while now and I wanted to show you what I have been up too. I am in the process of moving into a different room in my house and I have been having fun re-finishing old furniture that we have had in our family for ages. This particular set of drawers was build by my Great-Grandpa and has been in my Mom's room when she was little, in our bathroom, and eventually ended up in my closet. I saw it the other day and though how perfect it would be to store my nail polish since my previous storage system was running out of room. 

This set of drawers used to be a cream color with wooden knobs. I decided to go with a turquoise color from Valspar called Rainforest Mist in a satan finish. I plan on painting my room orange and I really liked this color complementing the walls. I was very happy with the paint I chose and it covered the old paint super well in just one coat. I also bought some new silver knobs which definitely tied everything together and made these drawers look like a brand new piece of furniture! As you will be able to see in the pictures below, I also bought some cork shelf paper from Target which I lined the inside of the drawers with which helps my nail polish stay in place. 

Let me know what you think and if you are planning on doing something like this in the future! It was so fun and easy and the end product was so worth it. I am in the process of painting an old dresser right now to match these! I am continuing to re-do my bedroom so nail posts may be slow for the next couple weeks but I will try to keep you updated on my progress as I go along.
Gina


Valspar Rainforest Mist



Valspar Rainforest Mist

Nail Polish Collection
Bottom Drawer - OPI and China Glaze

Nail Polish Collection
Third Drawer - Essie, Zoya, Milani, NOPI, SP, Sinful Colors, Hard Candy, NYC

Nail Polish Collection
Second Drawer - Revlon, Sally Hansen, Wet and Wild, Pure Ice, Mini's, AE, Forever 21, Stripers
Nail Polish Collection
Top Drawer - Base and Top Coat, Nail Art Supplies, Nail Treatments, Nail Files


No comments:

Post a Comment