Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mint Candy Apple - Essie

Today I have for you one of my favorite designs I have ever done! I wanted to do something fun with my dotting tool that was different than the flowers I have been doing and ended up deciding on clouds. I did not want to do a typical sky blue, so I chose Essie's Mint Candy Apple for the base. This color is beautiful and really set the tone for my overall design. The formula is good, can be a bit thick at times but nothing too terrible. And the color makes up for everything :). Next I took Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Whirlwind White and used my dotting tool to create these clouds. Finally I wanted the clouds to have a bit more personality so I took China Glazes White Cap and dotted it on top of the clouds. As you can see in my close up, White Cap is made up of little foil pieces in a clear base. It transforms any color you put it on top of and I am so happy with how it looked on top of my white clouds! Thanks for reading and have a good day!

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

2 comments: