Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mermaid to Order - SOPI

Today I decided to go back to an old favorite, Mermaid to Order. It is a perfect color for summer and also has a special meaning for me because it was the first high end nail polish I ever bought. I guess it was kinda popular in it's time which is funny because when I picked it out probably 2 years ago I had no idea about the whole nail polish world. But it has never let me down. It used to be the only polish I would ever grab for because all my other polishes.. well they were from the Christmas Tree Shops and let's just say might have been sitting on those shelves a bit too long. I would always get lots of compliments on it too which made me feel good. Okay so enough of the back story let's get down to the polish. The finish, I'm not sure if there's a correct way to describe it, but it reminds me of metal or chrome I guess you might call it. It is a little streaky but not too bad and I think it just adds to the overall effect. It has a gorgeous duo chrome effect  where the color will go between either a dark tealy-aqua to a light greenish-aqua. It's really pretty! The formula is pretty good - what you might expect from an SOPI polish - which is funny because they cost more than regular OPI polishes but definitely do not have as good of a formula. Anyway here are the swatches and I hope you enjoy!

Sunlight



Close Up


No comments:

Post a Comment